On Christmas Eve I had Vegetarian Lasagna. The rest of my family ate ribs. I’m the only remaining vegetarian im my family, so I ate lasagna.
This lasagna is simple to make and delicious. You can refrigerate the assembled lasagna overnight and bake it the following day.
Here’s our family recipe for lasagna (Mom, feel free to correct any mistakes):
- 16 oz package of curly lasagna noodles (not no-bake)
- 15 oz tub ricotta cheese
- 10 oz package of frozen spinach, defrosted (the kind that looks like a block works best)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 26 oz jar of pasta sauce (I like Bertolli Vidalia Onion – it tastes like Portillo’s marinara)
- 8 oz package of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil lasagna noodles according to the package & drain.
- Meanwhile, mix ricotta, spinach and salt in small bowl.
- In a 9×13 pan form layers of noodles, topping them with sauce, teaspoons of spinach mixture, then cheeses.
- Bake 30 min or until cheese begins to brown.