I am one of those people who can’t imagine skipping breakfast. If I don’t eat a good breakfast, my whole day is off.
I am kind of addicted to this breakfast sandwich. I eat it or some variation of it most mornings. It always keeps me full until lunchtime.
My last name starts with “Steg” so I call it the “Steg McMuffin.” I’m only kidding though. I don’t have any desire to be the namesake of any sandwich. McDonald’s, please don’t sue me.
It only takes a couple of minutes to put together:
- 1 egg
- 1 MorningStar Hot & Spicy veggie sausage patty
- 1 english muffin (I prefer Bays)
- 1 slice of sharp cheddar
- Heat up a frying pan. I use my cast iron pan, but any frying pan will work.
- Put the english muffin in the toaster. Put the sausage in the microwave for 45 seconds.
- Cook an egg in the frying pan. I use these egg rings so the egg perfectly fits the muffin.
- Assemble all the layers & enjoy.