Tonight I made Vegan Buffalo Mac and Cheese. I started with this recipe for Vegan Mac and Cheese and made a few changes.
Billy and I really liked this variation of the recipe. The buffalo sauce really worked well with the vegan cheese sauce.
- 8 oz pasta
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Sauce
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the cheese sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, whisking often, until thickened.
- Stir together all the topping ingredients.
- Stir together cheese sauce and noodles. Put in a baking dish and top with breadcrumb topping.
- Place in broiler for 3-5 minutes, or until top is toasted.