The other day my friend Erika and I were talking about how much we like to make tacos for dinner. She makes really good tacos – one of my favorites has greens, hot sauce and tempeh. Tacos are so easy to throw together with what you have on hand.
These vegetarian tacos have melted cheese, meaty mushrooms, cool sprouts, creamy dressing and spicy pico de gallo. The flavors and textures work really well together. Plus, you can make these tacos in under five minutes. Veggie tacos are amazing served with a bowl of my crock pot black bean soup.
- 8 medium-sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded quesadilla, chihuahua, monterrey jack or cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz. alfalfa sprouts, rinsed & dried
- Pico de Gallo (homemade or fresh from the deli section at your grocery store)
- Goddess dressing (I like Annie’s), ranch dressing (I like Newman’s Own), or avocado
- Top tortillas with cheese and heat in batches of 2 in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until cheese melts.
- Top with the mushrooms, then sprouts, then pico de gallo, and finally the dressing.
I often eat dinner alone, so I’ll just keep all the ingredients on hand and make a few of these at a time.