I’ve made tacos all week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), but the tacos I made last night were definitely the best. These super spicy tacos had buffalo tempeh and an avocado corn salsa. Billy and I both thought they were awesome.
Marinate the buffalo tempeh in Franks Hot Sauce, vegetable broth and garlic. This recipe is adapted from on the Buffalo Tempeh from Appetite for Reduction.
Brown the tempeh, then add the marinade and reduce it. Serve the tempeh over warm corn tortillas topped with avocado corn salsa.
- 6 corn tortillas
For the tempeh
- 8 oz tempeh, cut into 1/2″ thick triangles
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
For the corn avocado salsa
- 1 ear corn, cooked and cut off the cob (I like to cook it with tongs over an open flame…thrill seeker)
- 1/2 jalepeño, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced chives (or you could use onion)
- juice from half a lime
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado, diced
- Microwave tempeh on high for one minute. Combine hot sauce, vegetable broth and garlic. Pour over tempeh and marinade for about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the salsa except the avocado. Add the avocado and stir gently. Chill until ready to serve.
- Cook the tempeh in a skillet over medium heat until brown. Add the marinade and reduce to create a thick sauce.
- Add tempeh to warm tortillas and top with corn salsa.