My favorite salad dressing lately is Newman’s Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing. It’s low in calories (35 per 2 tablespoons), but doesn’t taste low-cal.
I was looking through my photos and I realized that I made this Asian Salad a few weeks ago and I never posted it. The recipe makes a huge bowl of salad.
If your ingredients are fresh, it will keep for a week in the fridge. Just add the chow mein noodles and dressing before serving.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 head romaine, shredded
- 1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 15.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles (look for the ones that don’t have trans fat)
- 1/2 cup Newman’s Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
- Mix all vegetables and chickpeas in a huge bowl.
- Before serving, add chow mein noodles and dressing.