I have made several batches of this vegan tuna salad or ‘Tuno salad’ over the past month, and it has quickly become my favorite lunch. The best part is that it’s so quick to make. It takes just five minutes to prepare.
Start by mashing your chickpeas up really well with a fork.
Stir in the tahini sauce, celery and Old Bay seasoning. This is when I realized the original container I used was too small, and I’d have to dirty two dishes. I hate using more dishes than I have to. I get this from my dad.
Squeeze a little lemon juice into the mixture. Stir and taste. Add more lemon juice and salt if necessary.
Serve on top of greens or on whole grain bread.
Adapted from Healthy Happy Life.
- 19 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/4 container of Trader Joe’s Tahini Sauce (the consistency of the Trader Joe’s sauce is just right, regular tahini sauce won’t work as well)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Half a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Use a fork to mash chickpeas well.
- Stir in tahini sauce, celery and Old Bay Seasoning.
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Serve on top of greens or on whole grain bread.