This cornbread recipe is amazing. My mom has made it for years. It’s moist and has a fine crumb, almost like cake. It has just the right amount of sweetness. I baked a batch and served it with my Grandma’s Veggie Chili. There are lots of good cooks in my family!
- 1/2 cup soy flour (the secret ingredient that makes this cornbread so good)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients. Stir in wet ingredients until just combined. Pour into a greased 8” square baking dish or a 9” pie dish.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. You can cover it near the end of baking with tin foil to prevent browning, but I skipped this step.
Other recipes I’m making this week: