This is my new favorite curry recipe. I absolutely love it. In fact, I ate it for lunch almost every day last week (sorry co-workers).
Adapted from Allrecipes
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 14 ounce can lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons curry powder (I used Penzey’s hot curry powder)
- 4 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place potatoes in a large pot, cover with water and add the salt. Bring to a boil over high heat and reduce the heat to maintain a rolling boil. Cook until potatoes are just tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium heat sauté the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Combine spices and add to the onions. Cook until spices are fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, peas, cooked potatoes and lite coconut milk. Simmer for 10 minutes and serve with naan or brown rice.
Other recipes I’m making this week: