My boyfriend and I eat at Noodles and Company a lot because they have so many vegetarian (and even vegan) choices. In a previous blog post, I wrote about Noodles and Company Pasta Fresca. My favorite dish is actually the Indonesian Peanut Sauté. I set out to create it at home.
I found a great recipe on Favorite Family Recipes. I really like how it turned out, but it was a little heavy on the peanut butter. I’ll measure more carefully next time!
Here’s my version of the recipe.
1 pound rice noodles (I didn’t like the brand I bought – need to visit Mitsuwa soon)
1 cup vegetable broth
6 heaping tablespoons creamy peanut butter
4 teaspoons sriracha (I❤ Rooster Sauce)
3 tablespoons honey
6 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons fresh minced ginger
5 cloves garlic minced (don’t forget to use this garlic peeling trick)
1 cup chopped brocoli
1/2 of a red cabbage, sliced
1 cup shoestring carrots
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix all the sauce ingredients and cook over medium low heat until combined.
- In a large sauté pan, cook the vegetables until they begin to soften.
- Turn off the heat, add the sauce and noodles to the sauté pan and combine.
- Top with a lime wedge, Sriracha, cilantro and sprouts.